Monday 8 November 2010

Lonely Without You

It's been 34 hours since I became (temporarily) a single parent. My husband is currently on a flight to Sydney to attend his sister's wedding. I would be with him - if funds allowed - but children weren't invited, my eldest is in a SATs year and who would want to fly with an 8 month old for 26 hours?

I estimate that my husband has just finished a stopover at Singapore - 2 flights this week have run into trouble when leaving Singapore bound for Sydney.

As he had to be at an airport 4 hours drive away first thing this morning he actually left us yesterday afternoon. This resulted in my eldest not letting me out of his sight until he finally sobbed himself to sleep an hour and a half after he should have been catching zeds. This evening was similar - except that I had 10 people on my living room trying to have a committee meeting!

It's really hit my eldest how far away daddy actually is - I had to explain that we couldn't ring him as he was on the plane and he couldn't switch his phone on.

I think it's been more difficult than any of us thought that it would be. I definitely don't want to be single with 2 kids permanently.


-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

Lunette de soleil Cartier said...

this is a great post,thanks.