Sunday 28 September 2008

I've survived!

Well the day has finally arrived! My parents get back from their 2 week holiday late tonight and I have just about survived.

Despite:
My OH doing a week of nights (which meant getting in from work AFTER son had gone to nursery and waking up in time for dinner but leaving for work before the BATH and BEDTIME arguments).

A trip to my BFF's for her daughter's (my god daughter's) 3rd birthday party. 5 hours trapped in a car with son with no other adult to entertain him - and no knitting to keep me same because I was driving. I experienced the fact that my son's behaviour deteriorates directly in proportion to my desire for good behaviour.

My OH finishing his night shift and GOING FISHING! - OVERNIGHT - FOR 3 DAYS. On the final day he was summoned home after I told him if he stayed away a second longer one or both of us would be missing when he got back.

My reward - son hasn't left his dad's side for 3 days. Has been displaying all his bad behaviour traits (that I was 'imagining') and added demands for cuddles at 3am.

The bad side - husband has expanded his childcare repetoire from sticking him in front of the TV to buying him a Thomas the Tank Engine PC game and sticking him in front of the computer so they still haven't left the house to let me get on with some work.

My parents don't know it yet but we'll be on their doorstep as soon as nursery finishes tomorrow.

No comments: