Wednesday 17 September 2008

Emotions at Weddings


RB commented on my last post that toddlers at weddings are quite cute - I give you this:

This was before the wedding started when we'd managed to get him (almost) into the suit and he was protesting about having to put shoes on. At this point in time I'd been up and running around for 7 hours, had been trying to get black coffee down the best man's throat (the morning after the night before) and biting my tongue at my mother in law and the original sister in law who'd just turned up and decided to get ready when we needed to leave for the church. Actually you are right RB toddlers are quite cute - at least they can get away with meltdown.

p.s. the svelte lady in pink in the background isn't me ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww he's gorgeous. Makes me feel quite broody!

Maybe it is other people's toddlers who are cute at weddings. Don't think I ever thought mine were - like you, I would always have been stressed out trying to ensure they didn't embarrass me. But I don't think most people mind if toddlers are embarrassing - only the parents.

But yes, it would be wonderful sometimes just to be able to sob in public without worrying about snot trails or chuck yourself on the floor in the supermarket like that woman in the ad. Perhaps we should do it one day?

Anonymous said...

We're getting married in less than a week now and I have to admit I wasn't thinking much about how our kids would be until I read your post... now I'm worried! I do remember having tons of fun though at weddings as a kid whilst the grown ups are off doing their own thing.
Fingers crossed!

dougalfish said...

I should have mentioned that at my own wedding (many moons ago) I had 3 grown up bridesmaids, 2 bridesmaids under 4 and two page boys under 4. Apparently chaos reigned whilst we were saying our vows with my 2 year old cousin throwing prayer kneelers around the church but I was totally oblivious!