Saturday 27 March 2010

Holidays again?

Last time I looked it was February half term, I was heavily pregnant and couldn't face a week with my 5 year old demanding entertainment. Suddenly the holidays are here and I have a month old baby to throw into the mix. Unfortunately there was miscommunication on the relative front as our school broke up this Friday whereas the schools where my mother lives don't break up until next week. So my son has next week attending various drs appointments and baby clinics with me with the promise of a few days after Easter with grandma - if we survive next week that is.

I knew that life with two children was going to be harder than with one. Unfortunately I had to go into hospital to be monitored and eventually the baby was induced and my eldest hasn't quite recovered from seeing mummy hooked up to monitors and drips. He is very proud of his little brother though and wants to hold and cuddle him all the time. We thought with the almost 6 year age gap that he'd understand more and take on board that we'd have slightly less time for him in the first weeks. We forgot that he's only 5 and used to having us all to himself. We had some awful behaviour - towards us rather than his new brother - but it seems to be subsiding and our lovely big boy is back (fingers crossed).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: