Monday 25 February 2008

Counting Chickens

What is it they say about counting chicken's before they've hatched? I've not reread my last post and it has taken me a while to post this.

The nausea hit a few days after I wrote my last post and then on our last day in Sydney - a week ago - I started to bleed. After a whole day spent at the GPs and then the local hospital the conclusion was that I am no longer pregnant and they suggested that I never was.

OH immediately went into his usual mode and can't understand why I am so upset. His theory is that if it didn't exist then why worry about it. Trouble is to me it did.

Feel much better now I am home and glad it didn't happen during our stop over in Hong Kong. We also found that no matter which country you are in a trip to A&E still takes 8 hours! Though in Sydney they didn't seem as rushed as they are at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry. I do know how you feel. I lost one really early on, and I felt sad about it for ages. My partner couldn't understand either - it doesn't seem real to them until they can see the bump or feel its kick, or maybe not till it's born - but for us it is always different, it's real from the very very beginning. And even if you were not pregnant, you believed yourself to be, so the loss is the same. Be kind to yourself.