Sunday 25 May 2008

Growing up

I've been having a little weep today.

We made the decision some time ago to move our son to the biggest bedroom. There are several reasons why:

1. more space - his toys can go upstairs rather than cluttering our living area (and he's old enough to play in his room for short periods of time)

2. He's a light sleeper and wakes either when we go to bed or when my OH gets up for early shifts.

3. At nearly 4 he wants a Thomas themed room rather than the cute sheep he has at the moment.

4. He needs a proper sized single bed as he keeps falling out of his cot bed at night.

4. I get to sort through his stuff and filter out what can go to charity, what can be sold on eBay or at a nearly new sale or what can be thrown away.

There are also several down points:

1. I have to sort through all his stuff! (I'm a hoarder and not good at keeping things neat and tidy.)

2. I have to pack away all the baby toys/bedding/cot that have stayed in his room (even when we moved).

3. I have to move him into a big bed.

4. He'll be all the way down the hall.

so I had a little weep as I packed away baby cardigans knitted by his nan (too girly so he never wore them) and sleep suits and baby gros.

Then he arrived home from his day with grandma and we all rushed up to his new bedroom. He couldn't wait to go to sleep tonight in his 'big' bed and surrounded by his favourite character - I hope it lasts all night!

Now just need to turn the cute sheep into a guest room for when his nan comes to stay ...

No comments: